Pinterest is two year old photo sharing social network connecting people all over the world based on shared tastes and interests. Pinterest just hit 11.7 million unique monthly U.S. visitors, crossing the 10 million mark faster than any other standalone site in history.
Now Pinterest—a free site that allows people to share images of projects or objects of interest by “pinning” pictures online—has reached a point where it can start to make revenue a priority. The company is studying a potential advertising system. It is also building up its relationships with businesses to learn how Pinterest traffic can eventually convert to sales of goods, from which the startup may eventually be able to take a cut. — As Pinterest Grows, Startup Seeks $2.5 Billion Valuation
As a Pinterest member you can:
- create a profile;
- create a pinboard;
- collect and organize graphics for a subject of interest, event or activity;
- pin images you find on the internet to your pinboard. A pin is an image added to Pinterest. A pin can be added from a website using the bookmarklet or you can upload images from your computer. Each pin added using the bookmarklet links back to the site it came from. What is a pin (anatomy of a good pin)?
- add contributors to your pinboard;
- tag and follow other pinterest members;
- browse the pinboards of other members;
- “like” any pin you find on other member’s pinboards;
- repin what you find on other member’s pinboards;
- leave comments;
- share what you pin and what you find pinned via Twitter and Facebook;
- get real-time updates of what members you follow are pinning read more here > Pinterest
What is Pinterest? An animated video.
Using Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter Effectively
The idea is to cross-promote. Do not post every single thing you put on Facebook on Pinterest and vice versa. Each of your profiles should still have a unique feel, and it should show that you spend quality time on each one.
Do, however, link to each social media site from the other. Chances are that if they like you or your product enough to follow you on one, they will follow you on the other. — Pin Down Success Using Pinterest
A Marketer’s Guide to Pinterest
The video details the social site’s demographics, growth, and potential to drive abundant traffic to company websites. Pinterest is especially popular with the most highly coveted markets—about 60 percent are female and 80 percent are in the 25 to 54 age demographic. Plus, Pinterest drives more referral traffic than Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube combined.
Pinterest SEO and Backlinks
With more people trying to make their purchase based on finding of products over Pinterest, there are few tricks that can optimize those simple looking pins get the desired attention. — 5 SEO Tricks for Pinterest
Notes for WordPress.com bloggers:
1. Go to this site, choose which one of the red Follow Me images you want, and copy the code for it.
2. Then, go to your widgets > Appearance > Widgets and select a text widget. Paste the Pinterest follow button code into the text widget, “save” the widget, “close” the widget and place it where you want it to display in your sidebar.
3. Enabling display of sharing buttons including one for Pinterest is easily done.
4. You can have an ordinary Pinterest account for “people” or a “business” account. Here’s the guide to verify a Pinterest business account.
5. There is a premium Pinterest style WordPress Theme for purchase – PinBoard
(This is the sixth article in a series focused on increasing organic (unpaid) traffic and natural backlinks to your blog.)
- More Traffic and Backlinks for Your Blog: Guest Blogging (onecoolsitebloggingtips.com)
- More Traffic and Backlinks for Your Blog: Paper.li (onecoolsitebloggingtips.com)
- More Traffic and Backlinks for Your Blog: Scoop.it (onecoolsitebloggingtips.com)
- More Traffic and Backlinks for Your Blog: Squidoo (onecoolsitebloggingtips.com)
- More Traffic and Backlinks for Your Blog: YouTube
- Are You Pinterest Savvy? 1 Million Followers in a Year (wordservewatercooler.com)
- How to increase Pinterest traffic and direct it to your site (thenextweb.com)
- Welcome to Scamterest: How Spam and Online Misdeeds Spread on Pinterest (hotforsecurity.com)