SEO (search engine optimization) is important for two reasons, both of which are critical to your blog’s success. Search engines can be the largest source of organic (unpaid) traffic to your blog. The visitors search engines deliver are targeted readers already interested in your content who are are more likely to return an/or subscribe. That’s why it makes sense for bloggers to learn basic SEO elements and focus on making Google their blog’s best friend.
You don’t need to do everything the hard way. Read five online marketing lessons learned and benefit from taking the advice that’s offered:
1. Build Your Website on WordPress
2. Choose the Right Target Keywords Before Anything Else
3. Build Your Business with SEO in Mind
4. Engage in Social Media
5. Get Analytical Before it’s Too Late
The SEO game has changed drastically over the last year. A lot of the tactics that worked 12 months ago don’t work anymore. And it’s not just newbie SEOs who are making mistakes… even experts who have been in the field for years are making mistakes. — 5 SEO Mistakes That Even Experts Miss.
It’s important to realize that the keywords you decide to use will be different for different social media accounts. It is not a “one keyword fits all” operation. There are a few things you can do to find the right keywords for each of your social media sites. – Help Customers Find You: How to Use Keywords on Your Social Networks
- 7 Local SEO Mistakes You Do Not Want To Make (idaconcpts.com)
- Getting Started with SEO: Some Basic Principles (blogher.com)
- 12 Tips for Improving Search Queries Ranking Position (onecoolsitebloggingtips.com)