We all experience those situations when we click and expect a specific thing to happen and something else presents. The examples are endless and varied including not being able to log-in to your blog account or logging in and then experiencing problems.
Unable to access my blog!
A few months ago I started noticing that occasionally I cannot log into the dashboard, no matter how many times I tried. Now I don’t login on the wordpress.com home page. I scroll down and click on the link to the forum and login there.
Dashboard is Messed Up!
All of a sudden my blog, hosted by wordpress.com, is a mess. All images are suddenly displayed on the front page in a complete mess. Articles cannot be reached from the dashboard when I´m logged in.
White page with nothing on it!
The good news is that some issue can be easily fixed. So don’t push the panic button and try the following troubleshooting techniques instead.
1. Browser issues
Indent stopped working
All of a sudden I can’t get the “indent” icon Row 1 icon numbered 10 (Indent – move text further right) in the Visual editor to work.
Images not visible!
I recently added a slide show of my photos from photobucket onto my blog. They are visible on my friend’s computer but not on mine. How do I make them appear please.
- You could have a browser issue so try changing your browser settings, refreshing the page, or clearing the browser cache and cookies – instructions for specific browsers.
- Note that when you make adjustments to your browser settings — changing privacy settings, deleting cookies or increasing security — you will need to close your window and restart the browser before those new settings become effective.
- You could try upgrading your browser. http://browsehappy.com
- You could try using another browser.
2. Flash issues
Can’t see my stats
For the last 2-3 days I could not see the stats graph. I think may be a problem from my computer/settings because I opened my blog dashboard from another computer and the statistic graph is clearly displayed.
- You can use this link to see if your flash is up to date.
- If it’s not up to date then this is where to download and install the latest version of flash.
3. Self hosting issues WordPress.org installs
- Problems can be caused by updating to the latest WordPress version, but using a theme that has not been updated and is not compatible with it. You can find the theme designer’s support forum for you particular theme and see if there are known issues and solutions.
- Issues can also be caused by plugin incompatibilities. You can find the plugin developer and see if there are known issues and solutions.
4. Connectivity Issues
The way you connect to the internet (mobile, satellite, DSL, dial-up) and to your blog, and how many proxy server jumps etc. it takes to connect can cause problems. There maybe be problems with your ISP and/or with the proxy servers. There may be problems with your web host. Check for known issues with your ISP and/or with your web host.
5. Operating System Updates and Security Program Issues
Sometimes operating system and/or security system updates can cause problems so check for known issues. When you make adjustments to your browser settings — changing privacy settings, deleting cookies or increasing security — you will need to close your window and restart the browser before those new settings become effective.
For WordPress.com bloggers
If none of the above work for you then please file a support ticket with WordPress.com Staff. To streamline the process do not forget to include details in your support ticket. Staff need to know what operating system you are using, which browser and version of it you are using, if you tried another browser or not and what the results were, whether or not your Flash is up to date, and how you are connecting to the internet and to WordPress.com.
Supplying these details in your support ticket means Staff won’t have to engage in a back and forth email exchange with you to obtain relevant details. Then they can identify the source of the problem and provide a solution quickly.
Best wishes for a happy ending. : )