When I first began to blog I had no comprehension of how to promote my blog posts and encourage traffic. I simply sat down and began writing on a topic I was passionate about. Little by little I learned some lessons from other bloggers such as in blogging content is king and I began to promote my blog by applying them.
In time I moved from having only free hosted wordpress.com blogs to also establishing a blog on my own domain with the assistance of a professional web developer. Time passed and I learned how to clean up my markup, do bad neighborhood checks and how to establish and maintain links.
Every day as a neophyte blogger who is growing I surf the net to read more about how to structure a reader and search engine friendly blog and, to accumulate more blogging tips, blogging tools and resources to share with others in this blog. This morning I found a great blog post that I would like to recommend to my readers.
I’ll begin with a quote, follow it up with a sub headings list and leave it to my readers to gain some insight into making their blog a traffic magnet.
Here are the top 10 techniques new bloggers can use to find readers. These are tips specifically for new bloggers, those people who have next-to-no audience at the moment and want to get the ball rolling.
- Write at least five high quality original major “pillar” posts of timeless value to readers.
- Write 5 posts new per week minimum for at least 4 – 6 weeks.
- Purchase a domain name.
- Start commenting on other blogs.
- Trackback and link to other authoritative blogs in the same niche in your blog posts.
- Encourage comments on your own blog.
- Submit your latest pillar article to a blog carnival.
- Submit your blog to selected blog directories with high PageRanks understanding that joining directories in done to get backlinks as they provide very little traffic.
- Submit original articles (no duplicate content) to article directories.
- Become a guest author on blogs in your own niche with high PageRanks.