- Select the number of rows and cells
- Generate the code
- Copy the generated HTML code into your blog.
- <table> means “start” the table.
- you can adjust #s in border, cellspacing, and cellpadding; align center, right, or left
- body means start entering your contents into the table
- tr means start a table row
- td means put data, picture, text
- repeat td as many times as you want cells across your table
- repeat the table rows (tr) as many times as you want
for every < there is a > <something>
for every start < >, there must be a close < / >
- </table> means close the table
The code must be pasted into the HTML editor in “code” mode to actually produce an HTML table like the one illustrated below.
Text can also be typed into the cells.
Now you know how to make HTML tables for your wordpress blog. You can either code the table yourself or you can use a HTML table generator. Note: You will find that windowslivewriter has a built in HTML table feature that you can use to make tables for your blog.
In some themes what’s required is Overriding default table borders.
Differences Between HTML 4.01 and HTML5 – HTML5 only supports the “border” attribute, and its value can be “1″ or “”. More here w3 schools HTML table tag.