Get help putting HTML tables on your web site
If you’ve ever seen a web page with pictures and text in nice columns or “grid like” format, and think you could never do that, you are about to be surprised. HTML tables are awesome, with them you can create pages that look so good they look professional. All of the pages on this site were made with HTML tables.
One thing you have to remember while making HTML tables, neatness. If you don’t keep the table neat, you will never be able to catch mistakes or update it very well. Come up with a system to organize all the tags and content of the tables. These tags they have a lot of attributes in them and your will be shown which attributes are mandatory and which are not. Below are the different HTML tables tutorials.
- <table> means “start” the table.
- you can adjust #s in border, cellspacing, and cellpadding; align center, right, or left
- body means start entering your contents into the table
- tr means start a table row
- td means put data, picture, text
- repeat td as many times as you want cells across your table
- repeat the table rows (tr) as many times as you want
for every < there is a > <something>
for every start < >, there must be a close < / >
- </table> means close the table
See the example of code above. The code must be pasted into the HTML editor in “code” mode to actually produce the table illustrated below.
Images can be uploaded into the cells of the table using the same method we always use to upload images into posts and static pages. Text can also be typed into the cells.
Now you know how to make HTML tables for your wordpress blog. You can either code the table yourself or you can use a HTML table generator.Note: You will find that windowslivewriter has a built in HTML table feature that you can use to make tables for your blog. In some themes what’s required is Overriding default table borders.