Every day new bloggers arrive in the wordpress.com support forum looking for help either to set up their new blogs or the blogs they have imported from other blog hosts. I’m publishing links to some resources that those who are new to WordPress.com may find useful.
Welcome to WordPress.com
(1) Before you begin to blog I recommend that you read this entry “I’m new to blogging. Where do I start?“
(2) The wordpress.com features page provides a useful overview too.
(4) Bookmark this link to WordPress.com Support Documentation as there is a search box there that I predict you will be using frequently. The documentation includes screencasts that will assist you in following step by step instructions.
(5) Bookmark this link to the support forums as well because the search box is full of information and it’s going to become your friend in no time at all. Before posting to the support forums the sticky post at the head of the forum seven things to know before posting to the wordpress.com forum is a must read. And, In the event that volunteers answering forum questions cannot help you, then here’s the link to contact wordpress.com support.
(6) Another important entry to read is WordPress.com or wordpress.org – the differences is a comparison of wordpress.com and wordpress.org services found in the support documentation.
(7) The tag pages will help you find other wordpress.com bloggers who are blogging on the same subjects and using the same category tags. Here’s an example of how to access the tag pages. Note that the last word or category can be changed but the rest of the url remains the same.